Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Fabulous time at "For Colored Girls"


I had the great pleasure in working for Tyler Perry in the movie "For Colored Girls" as well as this wonderful Essence cover shoot. This was an amazing black tie gala themed shoot that was very appropriate for this All- Star cast . The actors were nothing short of amazing. This was a wonderful opportunity to work with fellow talented make-up artists and hairstylists as well. I had the pleasure of doing Tessa Thompson's make-up for this shoot. Isn't that purple dress simply breathtaking?? I would totally wear that.

Well let me share with you the essentials I used to complete her look. Obviously, the first thing you see are her beautiful red lips. Like I twittered earlier this week, Ruby Woo lipstick from M.A.C. Cosmetics is a lipstick I can't do without personally and in my make-up kit. I paired it with Shu uemura's True Flame Red lip pencil which is an amazing blue undertone (blue makes teeth look whiter :D) red pencil that I love filling lips with as a base or even using it by itself. Yes, it's that gorgeous!

I used Make-up Forever's Face and Body Foundation on Tessa because to be honest, she doesen't need much. This is a great foundation if you want something light and water resistant. It covers beautifully and you can also use it on your body to cover any veins or blemishes.

To create her light and smokey eye look, I used M.A.C. Cosmetics Teddy Kohl pencil as a base for her eyelid followed by Bronze and Amber Lights M.A.C. Eyeshadow on top. I then used Beauty Marked Eyeshadow in the outer eye and crease. I used Smolder Kohl Pencil by M.A.C. on her top lid close to her lash line which I smudged lightly. I lined the bottom of her eye with Teddy Kohl Pencil and layered it with Bronze eyeshadow which was blended out to give it a soft smokey line.

Under Tessa's eyes, I used Amazing Cosmetic's Amazing Concealer and dotted it wherever I need a bit of a heavier coverage.  A little goes a "looooong" way with this concealer. It  truly is an "Amazing" product that covers dark circles and any other skin imperfections.

I used one of my favorites..Touche Eclat by YSL on the corner and under her eyes on top of her concealer as a highlighter.

I followed her look by warming her skin up with M.A.C.'s Mineralizing powder that was two shades darker than her natural skin tone as an accent around her face. What I mean by accent is I contoured her cheeks with it lightly, used it on the edged of her hairline by her temples, jawline, and a bit on her neck.

Lastly, I used a combination of Peaches and Pink Swoon Blush by M.A.C. Cosmetics to complete the look.

Try it out! It's a fabulous evening look. Let me know if you need help :D

3 comments:

grow lashes longer said...

Isn't that purple dress simply breathtaking??

Destination Om said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Make-up and More Make-up! by EM.b Beauty said...

This dress is absolutely Gorgeous! It's such a romantic dress.